Mission, values and objectives
Our mission is to alleviate poverty among unparented children from Burma/Myanmar who have sought refuge in Thailand. By “unparented”, we mean children with no parent or parents or who are not cared for by parent surrogates. We consider anyone under the age of 18 a child.
- We believe that all children have a right to live in an environment that is free from fear.
- We believe that all children have a right to access education.
- We believe children have the right to participate in decisions which affect their housing, education, well-being and future.
- We believe in fostering ethnic cooperation. We strive to respond to all children in need regardless of race, religion, ethnicity or social position.
- We believe in working with people and organizations from all cultural, religious and ethnic backgrounds in our efforts to bring relief and assistance to those in need.
Our objectives are to reduce malnutrition, upgrade health and sanitation, and enhance living conditions so as to provide a safe space in which the well-being, creativity, and dignity of children may be fostered.
Community partnerships and community grants
Room to Grow believes strongly in supporting communities to identify and respond to the needs of children. We work together with local volunteers to develop projects which respond best to basic needs in a range of areas, from well-being to nutrition. Local volunteers can access support from our staff on project design, implementation, management and financial accounting and anyone can apply to become a Room to Grow volunteer and work on a community project. Please download and read our project guide for more information.